Python Django Developer
Takoma Park, United States
I have 6+ years experience with Python language and Django framework. I work on various types of tasks which include backend, frontend, API and DB schema design, UI design. I value intelligence, responsibility, effectiveness, teamwork and honesty.
English, Russian, Ukrainian
Favorite Python Packages:
requests, beautiful soup, pytest
Medical Science and Computing November 2014 - present
Software Developer at National Center for Biotechnology Information
Bethesda, United States
- Development of Django-based application for Manuscript Submission System: admin interface customization, restful API using DRF, optimization of SQL queries, UI features using jQuery and Material Design Light;
- Development of customer facing application using Django and ReactJS;
- Design and implementation of Python packages to unify and improve software development within NCBI: API to resolve internal services; search for article abstracts by IDs using REST API of Abstract service; package to provide NCBI-required headers in requests to the NCBI backends (implemented circuit-breaking and load balancing algorithms to provide stable calls to the backends; provided retries for HTTP and TX calls. Link to the publicly available project: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ahoyhoy);
- Maintained AWS services: provisioned AWS instances with Ansible; AWS clean-up using Cloud Custodian;
- Designed and developed REST API for internal project management system using Scala/Finatra.
Globallogic September 2013 - November 2014
Python Developer/Build Engineer at AVID
- Supported custom continuous integration tool for AVID developers using Python;
- Setup and maintained servers for running multi-platform tests using Ansible;
- Migrated from custom continuous integration tool to ElectricCommander which reduced maintenance work for our team;
- Worked on auto-test framework: emulated user actions on physical devices were translated as signals from C++ code into Python so the latter was used for writing tests faster.
Samsung October 2012 - September 2013
- Developed internal project management system using Python/Django.
- Participated in user testing and communication with customers, delivered their requirements to developers.
- Python/Bash scripting for managing deployment artifacts.
Amazon Web Services, Ansible, Backend Development, Celery, Django, Django REST Framework, Frontend Development, Git, Linux, MySQL, ReactJS, Test-Driven Development, Web Development, jQuery, wxPython