Richmond, VA, United States
Thinking and occasionally typing as a service.
Favorite Python Packages:
geometriq, click, pipenv, flask, requests
Staff Engineer • Snag • Richmond, VA • 2017 - Present
- Led the team designing, developing, and delivering an integration marketplace for external vendors to work with our recruiting, hiring, and work management platform.
Software Developer • Apple, Inc. • Cupertino, CA • 2012 - 2017
- Developed tools to streamline the process and improve the throughput of the App Store Review team for iTunes Store Engineering.
- Developed and maintained a build and deployment system for our internal apps.
- Improved automated fuzz testing framework for app submissions prior to human App Store Review.
Senior Software Developer • Canonical USA • Lexington, MA • 2009 - 2012
- Developed iOS apps for music streaming, files management, and contacts syncing for Ubuntu One subscribers.
- Developed next-generation RESTful API for accessing music metadata.
- Developed a Firefox plugin to sync bookmarks to a local CouchDB instance, to be replicated to the Ubuntu One cloud.
Principal Software Developer • Slate Group • Washington, D.C. • 2008 - 2009
- Deployed and developed extensions for the CMS driving several news sites spun off from Slate.
Senior Software Developer • Socialtext • Palo Alto, CA • 2006-2008
- Developed a new modular authentication system that allowed for users to be defined in any number of external places for use in one wiki deployment.
- Enhanced search functionality in both user-facing and behind-the-scenes ways. Enabled inter-wiki search, surfaced relevance ranking of results, and displayed results with context. Improved search index composition to allow for new versions of the index to be built without impacting existing search requirements.
- Co-developed a next-generation enterprise social software platform.
Senior Software Engineer • Zope Corporation • Fredericksburg, VA • 2002-2006
- Developed custom content management systems for high-volume news sites (Viacom and Boston.com) and high-touch editorial content sites (AARP, the Chronicle for Higher Education, and the Center for American Progress).
- Co-developed the Pluggable Authentication System, which allowed multiple back-end user credentials to work with a single application.
Amazon Web Services, Backend Development, Flask, Git, MongoDB, Test-Driven Development, Virtualenv, Web Development