Senior Python Developer
Our Financial Technology firm needs a Senior Financial Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for a professional with extensive Python and (ideally) Financial Services experience to help deliver business requirements and needs. The successful applicant will have a solid financial instruments knowledge in all asset classes.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Guide our design, engineering & product teams towards new technology features.
- Undertake research and learn new methodologies and technologies before bringing this knowledge to the team.
- Work as a member of the team at every stage of the software development life cycle.
- Design solutions, write and test code; automating test and deployment.
- Provide input, and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies, helping us to develop an effective basis for future developments
- Machine learning, Data Analytics, and Full platform development are just some of the greenfield projects the successful candidate will get to work on, all at the cutting edge of social commerce.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Extensive Python experience in backend and integration projects.
- Experience with at least a few common Python frameworks and libraries (Django, Flask).
- Experience with modern development and deployment tools (Docker, Gitlab)
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, work within short time constraints;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, adherence to best practices as defined by the organization;
- Ability to solve problems both independently and with the assistance of other staff;
- Good knowledge of one or more of the major databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle).
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills – must be fluent in English.
- Understanding of financial instruments across all asset classes.
- Knowledge of trade reporting regimes (EMIR,MiFIR, SFTR, FinfraG).
- How financial markets operate.