This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Machine Learning Scientist
Applications are invited for a Machine Learning Scientist who will use existing IP developed and implemented to deliver projects to DigitalMR clients. DigitalMR is a tech company with proprietary solutions for market research. Our young and diverse team uniquely combines the skill-sets of software engineers, data scientists and market researchers. They create commercial tools and applications that collect data in smart ways, which are then turned into business actionable insights for some of the world’s most demanding clients. We are a growing company that can offer a lot of encouragement and support, looking for the right candidate to join our team.
DigitalMR is a remote-first company, with team members in various countries around the world. The successful candidate will work remotely. Occasional travel to meet collaborators and client visits may be required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Implement and evaluate models and software prototypes of machine learning processing
- Train, validate and systematically test algorithms with large text and image data sets
- Meet accuracy targets for sentiment and semantic analysis
- Maintain relationships with relevant external collaborators and realise knowledge transfer
- Work closely with a dynamic team of software engineers and market researchers to realise applications that may include sentiment, emotions, topics, and trends extraction, social propagation, and social influence
- Arrange integration of tested algorithms with the company’s platforms and data systems
- Document system performance and incorporate customer feedback
- Other tasks assigned by the CTO/CEO
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Machine learning, Computer vision, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
- Track record in machine learning techniques
- Familiarity with deep learning libraries such as Torch, Theano, Caffe, or PyBrain
- Hands-on experience coding in one of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills; a great fit with the company's values
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment with limited guidance
- Digital image processing / computer vision experience
- Amazon EC2 familiarity
- Organisational skills both in management of time and software code in an agile framework.
- Hadoop ecosystem experience
- Methods for learning imbalanced datasets
The above role offers:
- Employment with an award winning growing international company
- Be a key part of very forward-thinking projects in social media analytics
- Flat structure, no bureaucracy, no red tape
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Company share options
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com and click on the 'Apply' button to fill out a short application form.