Senior Software Engineer - Python Full Stack
Blenderbox is actively seeking a Full Stack Python engineer that will contribute to our technical product initiatives.
We seek a new trusted teammate who shares our passion for mission-driven work and recognizes the value of modern software development practices. The ideal candidate will be well-accomplished and eager to embrace a healthy challenge.
We design experiences and build products for mission-driven organizations. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on a variety of initiatives. Your primary focus will be on EnrollWise, our flagship product. EnrollWise is a best-in-class admissions and enrollment platform for public school districts that empowers families to make informed decisions and allows schools to perform fair and equitable student placements. We are actively expanding the EnrollWise product line.
Cross-functional collaboration is key at Blenderbox. The proper candidate will thrive working within agile, cross-functional teams and proactively contribute subject matter expertise.
This is a full-time US-based remote position. The majority of your work will be focused on front-end and back-end engineering.
At Blenderbox, we operate within a system of transparency and open communication that accelerates progress and allows for a healthy work / life balance.
You will be working with talented people who are forward-thinking and compassionate.
- Own and drive the development of new product features and enhance existing.
- Develop software components that are efficient and scalable.
- Maintain a high level of quality for software deliverables.
- Review and provide feedback on PRs from other team members.
- Collaborate on requirements definition and product design & development.
- Participate in sprint planning, backlog refinement and estimation.
- Collaborate closely with UX / UI Designers and advise on technical feasibility of proposed design approaches.
- Actively participate in evolving our engineering quality standards.
- Provide strong thought leadership on emerging technologies.
- 4+ years of hands-on production experience with Python and Django framework.
- Experience with Decoupled architectures.
- Proficient in front-end theming, layout building and CSS pre/post-processors.
- Experience building and integrating performant and secure APIs.
- Strong familiarity with the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience building microservices while leveraging the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid grasp of application security and performance optimization techniques.
- Knowledge of best practice software architecture patterns and concepts.
- Ability to write scalable, reusable, testable, and efficient code.
- Proactive and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Stellar problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- US Citizen or authorized to work in the US.
Nice to have
- Experience developing SaaS products.
- Experience with NoSQL database backends.
- Familiarity with Lucene-based search backends (e.g. SOLR, ElasticSearch).
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with other programming languages.
$100-130k, commensurate with experience.
What We Offer
- Full coverage for Health Care, Dental, Vision
- FSA, HSA coverage options
- 401K & Pension Plan with employer contributions of at least 5%
- 20 days of PTO, 11 Holidays, 5 Wellness Days
- Home office improvement budget
- Career growth and professional development coaching / support
- Company-provided laptop
- 100% virtual work environment - all team members are remote
Blenderbox is a values-based virtual agency with subject matter experts distributed around the United States with headquarters in New York City. We have over 20 years of experience building websites and applications for mission-driven organizations, primarily for nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations. Our culture is one of inclusion, transparency and pride. Our team works cross-functionally and collaboratively on a diversity of projects that are reflective of our shared core values.