Senior Software Engineer
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a Software Engineer to add to our Workflow Automation and Contractor Rebates team. You’ll work with a talented group of engineers on building a platform combining internal and external APIs and data processing services that will serve our utility partners and end users through a variety of products.
- Transform existing systems and features into modern services and APIs.
- Ensure quality and robustness through CI/CD pipelines and other quality assurance practises.
- Evolve monitoring and observability for our services to define Service Level Objectives.
- Develop guidelines and practises for services in a containerized Cloud infrastructure utilizing Docker, Google Cloud Platform and other tools.
- Designing and building new services that power workflow processes and connect utilities, contractors and end users.
- Shape the engineering future of the company by contributing to architectural decisions and informing the overall platform strategy.
- Collaborate with passionate people on the team and within the organization.
What You will Contribute
- You are excited to build a product that impacts millions of households. Our software is used by utility companies to help deliver incentive programs to energy customers across North America and allows them to benefit from significant reductions in cost and energy consumption.
- You have helped evolve software. You’re experienced working with Python and some of its major frameworks such as Django or Flask. You’ve contributed to project evolutions that moved across major version changes and take pride in the continuous modernization of our platform.
- You value standing on the shoulders of giants. You agree that we don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time and you embrace finding the balance between reusing and building from scratch to maximize quality and maintainability of code.
- You embrace mentorship and collaboration as part of your role within the team. You are willing to share your knowledge as freely as you are open to listening and learning. You consider learning and prototyping as tools to build better software and integrate them into your work as necessary
What You Bring to Uplight:
- You have used infrastructure service providers such as Google Cloud and AWS.
- You have heard about Docker or other containerization tools and maybe have even used them before.
- You can advocate for a test-driven approach to development and have utilized continuous integration and development (CI/CD) processes.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What makes working at Uplight amazing
- We provide medical and dental benefits that kick in on day one.
- We offer 401K matching (US) and RRSP matching (Canada).
- Flexible Vacation policy
- Four weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children.
- Unpaid leave for emergency responders to perform their emergency duties.
- You’ll get to work for a Certified B Corporation.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Please submit through our website and make sure to mention Remote Python.