This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer (Python / Django)
We’re a venture-backed startup on the verge of creating a new category we’re calling the Family Operating System™, and we want you on our team. At Trustworthy our mission is to keep families organized and prepared for the unexpected by delivering a secure and beautiful online service that keeps their most important information up-to-date and accessible. Trustworthy is the family’s single destination point for everything from financial accounts, life insurance policies, and estate documents to family stories, traditions, and passport numbers.
We are seeking a seasoned Senior Developer who sees software development as equal parts arts and science, has a knack for visual design and utility, and is comfortable with both front and back end engineering. The power of our software’s responsiveness and functionality will be in your hands, so you’ll need to be organized, communicative, and detail-oriented to ensure it works on every intended platform.
- In close collaboration with Product and Design teams, ideate software solutions, and turn wireframes into effective code.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Build the front-end applications through appealing visual design. Build features with a mobile responsive design.
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and software solutions. Write effective RESTful APIs.
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software. Apply your problem-solving skills to peel away the layers to understand the core issue and address it with elegant solutions.
- Keep current with key industry trends and developments that can be applied to Company’s needs.
- 3+ plus years of relevant development experience.
- Highly experienced in building modern web applications based on Python and Django.
- Extensive experience with SQL databases (eg. PostgreSQL)
- Extensive experience with REST APIs.
- Strong Unix command-line and shell scripting fundamentals (bash, grep, ssh, etc)
- Hand-on experience with unit-tests, integration tests implementation, mocking.
- Experience with scalable web application design patterns and micro services architecture principles.
- Solid understanding of the Agile development practices and the software development lifecycle.
Preferred qualifications, but not required:
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks.
- Infrastructure / DevOps experience (continuous integration setup, deploying and running applications in a test and production environment etc.)
- Experience with Docker and CI/CD using GitHub Actions.
- Heroku experience.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.