Backend- Python/Tornado Developer
Ready, a Montreal based technology company, is seeking a Remote Canadian Backend Engineer (Python/Tornado) to help us manage, optimize and monitor our backend operations.
- Maintain and architect Ready backend code and infrastructure.
- Help shape and evolve the Ready production API and optimize deployment.
- Be part of an engineering team creating and innovating new features, while improving user experience.
- Build mission critical processes to monitor, optimize and improve reaction time for unexpected emergencies, such as unplanned downtime.
- Know that your work can inspire and impact millions of people- primarily kids and adolescents- to become digital creators and robotics makers.
- Deepen your engineering skills and experience on the front lines of mobile gaming, robotics, VR/AR.
- Extensive practical experience using Python for backend web development and Skills with Tornado Framework ( or any other async framework for Python (asyncio, Twisted, etc)
- Extensive experience with our stack components: MongoDB, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2), Chef / Vagrant, OpsWorks, GitHub.
- Practical experience engineering highly concurrent web applications that operate at scale. (Be able to smell a race condition or I/O-bound code from a mile away.)
- Experience designing RESTful APIs.
- Comfortable with agile methods (Jira, scrum) and remote management (Slack, Github).
- Conservative engineering attitude creating long-term solutions: Prefer small incremental steps, assuming everything that could go wrong, will go wrong, Ensure the product can evolve in the right way.
- Understanding of backend architecture (from infrastructure to API design to data models) is the foundation of a good end-user experience.
- B.S. degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs such as Paypal, Mixpanel, Firebase.
- Send us a cover letter explaining your qualifications.
- We want to see some of your code! A link to a GitHub/BitBucket repository is great, or you can send us a ZIP file with some code that you're proud of!
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full time with benefits.
- Great Vacation/ Personal Time benefits.
- Flexible live-work schedule.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach any Github or LinkedIN profiles