This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Back-End Python Developer - GitPrime
This is a high-quality opportunity for an ambitious programmer who wants to focus a career trajectory in the industry. Our stack is React, Python/Django, and Postgres on AWS. We are looking for very strong app dev with impressive backend Python skills. When we say “app dev with backend Python skills” we mean you’ve written hundreds of thousands of lines of complex Python code over the years in a deployed application used by thousands of end users, not a few dozen deployment scripts used by other engineers on your team. There will be lots of ORM work and lots of complex business logic.
Who you’re committed to being:
- A fulfiller of industry standard duties of a dev: write code, test code, review code, do tickets. Then get it live.
- An accountable team member for generally short but impactful meetings and scrums. Stand-ups at least once a week, some communications nearly every day.
- A travel flexible dev, as some travel may be involved for trips to Durango, CO and/or metro Salt Lake City, Utah, even though the work is inherently remote (if you want to be in SLC, that can be arranged).
- A full-time worker, with appropriate allowances for life’s processes.
What you’ll own:
- Continual improvement - you will be expected to take time to “sharpen the saw” and adjust how you work as you learn more.
- Continuous Delivery - teams independently ship code to prod every day and your role on that delivery will be a top priority.
- Customer research - we build what our customers actually want, so your understanding and execution of articulated goals is imperative to the work you will create
- Applying your experience in making intelligent, forward-thinking, technical decisions to our development process, including implementing new standards, tools, APIs, and workflows.
Experience you’ll need:
- Prior experience building software for high traffic platforms, using languages such as Python, but not necessarily limited to that language.
- Experience with web frameworks and APIs (e.g. Django or other MVC architectures)
- Developing a back-end product that fully integrates with ReactJS for superior quality UI/frontend experience.
- Understanding of relational databases, and other types of data stores
- Significant experience with ReactJS is a must
- AWS DevOps and networking experience is a bonus
- Experience with automated and unit testing
- Experience with microservices architecture a plus