Senior QA Lead Python Pytest
QA Automation Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
Duties for QA automation engineers vary based on the type of web and mobile applications they work with and the size of the engineering team they are a part of. However, QA automation engineers perform several core duties, such as:
- Design and Execute Tests
- QA automation engineers design automated tests to validate applications by creating scripts that run testing functions automatically. This includes determining priority for test scenarios and creating execution plans to implement these scenarios.
- Identify and Report Bugs
- QA automation engineers analyze bug reports and highlight problems to help identify fixes for them. They deliver regular reports identifying these bugs to other members of the engineering team.
- Install Databases and Apps
- QA automation engineers install and set up databases and backup applications to prevent errors and protect against data loss.
- Identify Quality Issues
- QA automation engineers analyze systems to identify potential quality issues that could affect apps
- Skillset required:
- 8+ yrs of overall exp and min of 5 exp in Automation testing
- Should have min 2+years experience with Pytest and Python
- Should have Gherkins experience
- Performance testing exp with Blazemeter