Python Developer for fintech start-up
Business: We are a rapidly growing financial technology start-up headquartered in London. The company has Decacorn potential (a +$10 billion valuation internet start-up) and our founders have co-built some of Europe’s most successful tech startups.
Impact: We are on a mission to save each of our users hundreds if not thousands of pounds each on their bills, using open banking. We will do this for tens of millions of users, as we have done with previous companies.
Talent: We are obsessive about hiring, developing and working with the best talent. Our Leadership Team is the best there is. It includes senior executives from leading corporates (Google, Bank of England) and startups (Revolut, CompareEuropeGroup). We want you to work with them, to build something extraordinary.
Culture: We are a fun tight-knit team, who work hard. We value providing a workplace where our colleagues learn more and have more impact than anywhere else.
- Senior Software Engineer/Software Engineer helping a world-class Leadership Team to build a company with Decacorn potential
- Commitment: 1-2 hours/day initially (increasing to 3-4 hours/day in satisfied with initial work), Monday-Friday for at least four months.
- Ideally we are hoping to build a long-term relationship with a freelance developer
- You will supervise a talented junior software engineer
- Work on everything technology-related
- You will report directly to the CTO
- $20 an hour
- At least 2 years Python experience
- 5 years software development experience
- Strong python knowledge - core language, libraries (standard library, collections, requests, …), packaging
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Some experience in DevOps or similar
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with version control (ideally git)
- Fluency in English
What we would be really impressed to see
- Experience in linux systems and networks, AWS EC2
- AWS Lambda
- Strong online presence (nice-to-have - github, stackoverflow, contributions to open source projects, participation in coding competitions, hackatons, ...)
- Experience with open banking or oauth, HTTP hooks
- Experience in non-relational databases (nice-to-have)
*Please provide a link to your LinkedIn profile (if possible)
*Please provide a link to your GitHub account (if possible)
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link your LinkedIn and GitHub