This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Remote Senior Back End Developer (Python)
EventMobi is a remote-first company and this is a remote job. You may reside anywhere in the world to do this job. However, you must be willing to work during Eastern Standard Time business hours. The salary range for this role is between 60k - 90k CAD per annum. This posting is open to all candidates globally.
Events and conferences are being reimagined online, and EventMobi is building on ten years of event technology experience to innovate one of the most flexible and engaging virtual event platforms. We are an award-winning tech startup with teams in Toronto, Berlin and Manila, with thousands of customers around the globe.
We believe that live events bring people together to enable change – both in business and our society at large. In the era of COVID-19, we have become a remote-first company and are hard at work helping thousands of events pivot to virtual. EventMobi has a huge impact on the success of our customers’ events and on their attendee experience. We are on a mission to revolutionize how event planners create, market and manage their virtual and in-person events, and how remote and on-site attendees experience conferences. We would love for you to join us and leave your mark.
If you're looking for a software development role that allows you to hone your software design skills, both learn and teach on a team of senior developers, and progress your career, you've come to the right place! Whether you want to build robust APIs, design architectures that scale, learn new skill-sets, or optimize a platform that supports millions of users, this is a role that requires you to think holistically about evolving and maintaining a large and complex system architecture.
WHAT YOUR WORK WILL FOCUS ON
- API & Platform Development - You will help to build out EventMobi’s platform capabilities by developing elegant and performant API endpoints and the code that supports them.
- System Architecture - From Auth to Caches, Data Management to Cloud Hosting, APIs to Message Queues, there are a lot of components that make up a system’s architecture. You will help to architect solutions throughout the system that solve domain challenges, are robust, performant, secure, and scalable.
- Shared Ownership - Along with a team of experienced peers, you will take initiative to identify and design solutions for hard problems and apply them to improve an existing code base.
- Software Craftsmanship - Best practices, well thought out code, continuous learning, and collaboration with your team is your ideal and you preach this in your own work as well as with your teammates.
- Quality - You will help grow the team around you in not only pushing new capabilities for our customers, but also maintaining the utmost quality in everything we build.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- 5+ years experience as a software developer working on large, complex, or fast scaling products
- Extensive experience and deeply knowledgeable with Python
- Experience with RESTful APIs, RDBMS, ORMs, Caching, Queues
- Knowledge of Clean Architecture, SOLID Principles, Domain Modelling, and Design Patterns is a major benefit
- Experience with DevOps & Cloud is a major benefit (AWS, CI/CD, Linux, Networking, Alerting & Monitoring)
- Experience with Information Security best practices is a nice to have
- Ability to mentor and grow team members, provide technical guidance and oversight on implementation direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication
REMOTE WORKSPACE REQUIREMENTS:
- You have a safe, comfortable, and ergonomic workspace and working environment - a private and quiet workspace is vital for doing your best work!
- You have a reliable ethernet connection of at least 30Mbps upload speed with a wired connection or reliable WiFi at home.
WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM EVENTMOBI?
- We offer the experience of a lifetime working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help.
- Competitive compensation
- Company Stock-Options
- A great culture with much more along the way