Senior Python Back End developer
Are you excited at the prospect of joining a driven team to champion an impactful health movement? As a technological expert, do you have a background in helping start-ups to grow? If so, this might be the role for you!
Mindtales is a start-up based in a rapidly expanding and thriving tech-hub in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Our mission is to transform the mental health landscape in the Mena region by making digital wellness support accessible, convenient and inclusive.
Our organisation has launched an innovative application that will provide high-quality digital therapy courses and online counseling services to individuals. From the comfort of their own space, our wellness model takes our clients on a science-backed journey to acquire essential coping skills and strengthen their well-being. It’s important to us that our community has access to the latest research-based emotional support. That’s why we’ve partnered with certified psychologists and scientists.
As a fast-growing organisation, we have an immediate hire for a Python Back End developer. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated and passionate about finding innovative solutions. We are a growing team that values self-improvement, collaboration and excellence.
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- BSc degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering. Masters is a plus.
- Strong in-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Strong competencies in algorithms and software architecture.
- 4+ years of experience as a Python Back-end developer.
- 5+ years of work experience in Python coding language.
- 3+ years of experience in developing REST APIs.
- Strong experience in Relational Databases (MySQL, SQL Server or PostgreSQL)
- Experience using Azure cloud and its resources/services is a big plus.
- Previous experience in automated testing including unit testing & UI testing.
- Strong knowledge in Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) utilizing Docker containers.
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org