Senior Software Engineer - Data Tools
JOOR (www.jooraccess.com) seeks to revolutionize the wholesale industry. Founded in 2010 and backed by top VC firms, JOOR's innovative mobile and web marketplace improves the way brands and retailers do business. JOOR has developed cutting-edge technology to facilitate wholesale transactions, attracting the best brand and retailers - creating the wholesale industry standard.
Who are you?
- You are a passionate full stack developer who writes beautiful, advanced, readable, re-usable code.
- You focus on long-term best practices and coding standards.
- You test your own code before it gets to a QA engineer.
- You improve legacy code and optimize code (yours and others’) for application performance.
- You recognize the importance of usability and focus on consistency.
- You know your users and always build with them in mind.
- You work well with others.
- You are comfortable working in an Agile environment.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You love to learn.
- You know how to get things done.
What will you do?
The Data Tools Engineer will work with the Data Science team to bring their working prototype to life. These tools will be used by our end users.
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to understand the requirement and scope the changes.
- Work with Data Scientists and other Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- You’ll tackle complex problems and identify new ways to build extensible technology platforms that will support global transactions.
- You’ll recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and existing alternatives.
What skills do you have?
- 6+ years extensive experience in full stack development
- Expert knowlege in Python.
- Experience with a big relational database (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Self starter with out of the box thinking.
- Experience with API design, and working with complex data structures.
- Interest in solving real-world business problems
- Extremely resourceful