Articheck’s aim is to become the industry standard as a Passport for Art. We have around 450,000 reports in the system made by around 200 paying organisations globally and are just starting to work with some larger enterprise-level customers. It’s a very exciting time to be a part of a growing young company with proven product-market fit where you can have a significant impact.
You will work with the head of product and the CEO to build new features, stabilise and improve our infrastructure on AWS and support our enterprise-level customers. If that sounds a lot, it is but we are expecting great things from you.
About the Articheck platform
Articheck lets museums, galleries, shippers, collectors and conservators create condition reports for artwork. Users can create reports, add images, annotate the images by drawing shapes, and share reports with colleagues or third parties.
The iOS app offers the ability to use Articheck away from users’ desks and, importantly, also offline.
- Django powers the web app and API, with PostgreSQL
- Everything is hosted in AWS on EC2 and RDS
- We plan to move all storage from EC2 Volumes to S3 in Q2 2020
- UI is built with vanilla CSS and a small amount of jQuery
- The iOS app is built with Swift
- All coded is managed in GitHub
Your key responsibilities
- You will code and develop features in our web-based Django app and related APIs
- You will take over the responsibility of DevOps and infrastructure tasks
- You will work with Customer Support to diagnose bugs and deliver fixes
- You may be called upon for some UI design and feature planning
Your essential skills
- Django, Python, PostgreSQL
- AWS and DevOps
- Simple front-end (HTML, CSS, jQuery)
- Native (or almost-native) written and spoken English
Our future holds plans to build some exciting new projects, so any experience in the following would be really useful.
- Video, we will be adding a video tool as you join
- Security measures
- UI/UX design to help with mockups and design tasks
- Swift development for working on our iOS app
- React/Vue/similar for a potential future front-end upgrade
- Work from home - Fully remote
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Salary between £50–60k per year based on experience, including twice-annual bonus based on performance (up to £8k)