Python Engineer (All Levels)
Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What you will do:
At Flashpoint, our architecture is a mix of microservices, event sourcing, API protocols, service teams, and product teams. These support a streaming data pipeline, built with the intention of notifying our customers of nascent threats as soon as possible and giving them the tools to investigate those threats. As a Python Engineer, you will deliver applications in this environment and own the full lifecycle of software development. This includes understanding the product requirements, designing a customer-first solution, writing the code, testing the code, documenting the interface, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment.
Beyond your role in the software development lifecycle, you will be a collaborative and selfless teammate. As such, you will leave code cleaner than when you found it. You will ask for help when you need it and over-communicate with your team. You will foster empathy with your teammates by being a mentor and coach as well as grow your own skills from other mentors and coaches.
Understanding the purpose of your software is important to creating a successful product. That’s why you will work closely with the product team as well as cyber threat, fraud, and security experts to immerse yourself in the security domain. No matter what part of the architecture you’re working on, you will understand security threats and where they come from along with who our customers are and what problems they want to solve.
What you will bring:
- We are hiring for multiple positions, requiring from 1+ years of experience as a Software Engineer to 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Python
We understand no one wants to cater their application for every single job they’re applying to. However, if you do choose to adjust your resume specifically for this application, here are some guidelines:
- Your resume should tell a story of how you’ve grown. Which roles have you had and what you learned from each of them (especially if you’ve learned from a mistake)? Were you new to a project contributing to and improving unfamiliar code? Did you become an old hat and have to regularly transfer knowledge to new teammates? Were you a mentor or a learner? Did you drive direction or take in requirements and pump out code?
- It’s helpful to know what technologies you have experience with as well as how much experience. The best place for this is often in a dedicated section. This way you can focus each job position on your roles and growth and not have to fit in all the languages and databases you used.
- All resumes are reviewed by a human so you do not need to include extra keywords to get past a “resume scanner”.
- If you’re a Senior Engineer, perhaps you’ve been involved in recruiting in the past. Think about what information you find helpful on candidates’ resume and be sure to include it.
- Cover letters are optional. If you decide to write one, let it show off your personality. It should reflect the voice you’ll use day-to-day on our team. Additionally, feel free to mention anything that makes you a unique asset that’s not already covered by your resume. You can even mention if you’ve changed your resume based on these guidelines.
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- *Career Growth. *Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.