This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Primer needs to be a constant in a world where new payment methods and services are being unveiled regularly. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex to implement and maintain.
We have ambitious growth plans at Primer over the next year and we are now rapidly scaling our engineering teams to help us shape the future of Primer.
We're looking for highly skilled engineers who can develop our most business-critical technology and external APIs. You'll be building a next generation payments infrastructure in the role, and need to be product minded to help us build the best possible developer experience for accepting payments online.
We have two backend teams at Primer, our Platform team and our Connections team (focusing on our merchant facing API, our third party connections, and workflows functionality).
We currently use Python and Kubernetes running on AWS, but our tech stacks are subject to change and we hire agnostically.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and implementing highly secure, fault tolerant APIs in our Platform team
- Creating our next generation developer framework and workflows, allowing both merchants and third-parties to integrate as seamlessly as possible in our Connections team
- Working in close collaboration with infrastructure and frontend teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving the teams' ways of working
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant developer experience
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
What are we looking for?
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Experience of driving and using modern development practices such as BDD and TDD would be highly advantageous
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
How we work:
- We predominantly communicate over Slack
- We conduct daily standups over Zoom
- We encourage open discussion and debate, and place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output
- We value: design, documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD, documentation, user experience and documentation
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Share options offered as part of package
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Books + other learning resources on us