Help Discotech disrupt the nightlife space by owning development of the Discotech web app. Create an awesome experience for users to discover and book nightlife events without having to deal with promoters. We have real traction, users that love us, and everything necessary to grow, except you!
We're looking for an experienced (3+ years) frontend developer that cares just as much about user experience as the quality of the code that drives it. Your first major goal will be to update our web app to use React, so that it can leverage the same APIs our mobile apps use.
In addition to solid frontend development experience we're also looking for someone that is a great all-around engineer. You should enjoy solving problems, learning new frameworks/technology, and know how to balance expediency and elegance. Full-stack experience is also awesome, since you'll have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in other areas, like our backend API/server, customer success, analytics, automation, product roadmap, etc.
Interest in nightlife, clubs, and electronic music is definitely a plus!
- Main responsibilities
- Own development of Discotech’s web app
- Re-implement existing “MVP” app by using React to leverage the existing APIs our mobile apps use
- Implement new features to catch up to our iOS and Android apps
- Create tools (e.g. plugins, widgets) for affiliates to use on their sites
- Possible additional responsibilities/opportunities
- Contribute to Discotech’s overall roadmap and strategy
- Get involved in the backend by adding/enhancing APIs to support additional features
- Help maintain and improve internal web-based admin tools/sites
- Significant experience with all areas of web app development
- Frontend frameworks and languages: React, jQuery, HTML/CSS, JS/ES, Bootstrap
- Modern development flows, tools, and best-practices (webpack, npm, bower, babel, “12 factor” development)
- Experience with responsive design and mobile-optimization concepts
- Appreciation for high-quality, elegant code and products
- Experience with designing and consuming/integrating APIs
- Python, Flask/Django, Jinja2
- Basic UI/UX design concepts and tools (e.g. Sketch, Zeplin)
- Experience with AWS tools (EC2, elastic beanstalk, RDS)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL/Postgres)
- Our current stack includes: Python/Flask, MySQL, Celery/RabbitMQ, AWS, Bootstrap/jQuery