This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Web Developer (Back-End, Python)
Position: Back-End Developer (Python)
As part of the Engineering team at Interplay Learning you will work alongside a team of developers (all remote) to design, build and maintain our LMS (learning management system), 3D simulation tools, analytics and integrations with external systems.
Why this position:
- Meaningful, impactful projects
- Mission-driven company
- Mentor, manage and lead junior team members
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Diverse range of projects in the development of the LMS, 3D simulation tools, analytics and integrations with external systems - integrations, analytics and globalization
- Manage coding projects and delegate work to a small team where required
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Maintain and improve code quality and organization
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Expert knowledge in Python developing web apps, cloud- based services and database manipulation
- NoSQL database experience, in AWS DynamoDB, GCP DataStore or similar technology
- Education - Formal training in a relevant software development or computer science course, or equivalent experience in a practical role that can be demonstrated
- Strong communication skills allowing efficient communication in English with your team members, and the ability to manage and delegate tasks to appropriate team members where necessary
- Practical ability to write clear, concise code that is readable, and easily maintained; experience in testing practices; building robust, scalable and performant web applications
- Experience integrating with external APIs, services and authentication procedures
- We will only consider candidates who are currently authorized to work in the US
About the Company
Interplay Learning sits at the intersection of EdTech, Virtual Reality, and Enterprise Software as it modernizes Learning Management & Content Systems throughout the skilled trade industries.
- We’ve developed an end-to-end platform – from a purpose-built authoring engine (Volt) to a growing catalogue of on-demand simulation content – that is both scalable and customizable.
- We leverage leading technology to help the next generation of students and professionals develop advanced skillsets through proprietary experiential learning.
Awards & Recognition:
- Backed by best-in-class VC’s, we are positioned for exciting growth
- Prestigious 2020 Innovation Award for SkillMill, our software platform
- Best in Business gold medal from Inc. Magazine in 2020
- Recognized by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for our contribution to accelerating education innovation on our proprietary VOLT engine
- Virtual Reality is the next “Smartphone,” VR breakthrough has begun at the enterprise level