Highlands Ranch, CO, United States
• Full stack .NET and Python developer with 18 years experience.
• Experience programming with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013; both C# (preferred) and VB.
• Experience developing in Python, Flask, and Jinja.
• Database development experience in MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012; Oracle 10g; MongoDB; PostgreSQL.
• Architecture, and development experience in ASP.NET, Razor, Windows Forms, and SharePoint projects including custom web part development and SharePoint administration.
• Experience with Subversion, Git, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Visual SourceSafe.
• B.S. in Computer Science
PIL, requests, numpy
9/2016 – Present
Consumer Acquisition LLC
• Worked with CTO to develop AdRules, an advertising automation platform to create and optimize ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Google. Offers real-time analytics and reporting.
• Involved integration with third party APIs including:
o Facebook’s Graph and Marketing APIs
o Google’s AdWords API
o Slack API
o Shutterstock API
• Application consisted of Python and Flask with a PostgreSQL database.
10/2014 – 9/2016
Senior Software Engineer
Nugget Markets, Inc.
• Contracted to assist architect and develop an in-house solution for invoicing, ordering, and other critical functions required to run the corporate and 12 branch grocery stores. The solution was intended to replace the existing third party system.
• Application consisted of VB.NET, SQL Server, and MongoDB on the back end with a UI built in Ember.js making requests to a .NET Web API. Custom OAuth server used for authentication and authorization.
• Set up and administered TeamCity and Octopus Deploy, as well as custom PowerShell scripts, for use in continuous integration.
• Also helped establish SCRUM methodology to replace more ad hoc processes.
4/2013 – 7/2014
Senior Software Engineer
American Traffic Solutions
• Back end development work on .NET (C#) processors for the PlatePass application that handled registering cars and transponders with ATS to track their toll booth usage.
• Personally responsible for implementing a caching mechanism as well as other code optimization to improve performance of some processors.
• Processors were implemented in C# with Oracle 10g as the database.
• Implementation also included PL/SQL development.
• The team operated in a SCRUM environment with three week sprints.
5/2010 – 4/2013
Software Engineering Manager
San Ramon, CA
• Architect and developer of CMPLite (.NET (C#), SQL); a real time auction system that distributes clicks to clients on www.merchantcircle.com based on category, location, budget, and revenue per click.
o Averaged 3 million clicks / mo.
o Generated $760K in revenue in 6 months at 18% margin.
• Development work on the Click Marketplace (CMP), Reply’s real-time auction system for buying and selling clicks as well as the Lead Marketplace (LMP), Reply’s real-time auction system for buying and selling leads.
• CMP and LMP are both .NET applications with extensive use of caching. LMP includes a number of web services for lead affiliates to post data via SOAP.
• Implemented various internal and public business analysis reports in ASP.NET.
• Lead engineer on the profiles system for www.contractors.com (.NET, jQuery, SQL). Includes a billing system for users that sign up for subscription profiles. Online profiles include integration with the Google Maps API.
• Led a team of engineers to manage development and maintenance of applications for the Home Improvement vertical.
4/2004 – 5/2010
DeVine Consulting, Inc.
Union City, CA
U.S. Department of Agriculture – Street Tree Simulator (STS) Project
• Partnered with client to design and implement application to simulate growth and change of urban forests over time based on budget, maintenance, species and regional data, and other inputs.
• The STS Application is used by managers to run growth/maintenance simulations to quantify benefits and costs and to make decisions on tree care as it relates to future benefits.
• .NET (C#) WinForms application integrated with NHibernate. Also makes use of XML, Excel, and MS Access.
US Geological Survey, Bureau of Land Management – ESR Project
• As project manager and developer, designed and implemented an ASP.NET application for the US Geological Survey for processing Emergency Stabilization and Rehabilitation plans online.
• Application allows users to submit and retrieve plans online, provides notification of new plans needing approval, and provides the ability to transform plans into MS Word and PDF format.
• Created a follow-up ASP.NET application that allows users to enter data to track the progress and success of plans developed in ESR.
Alameda County Public Works Agency – SharePoint Dashboard
• Designed and implemented a Sharepoint Portal Server digital dashboard. Implemented custom Web Parts in C# that retrieved and displayed information from multiple mission-critical, third party applications.
• Custom Web Parts displayed information from: Mercury SiteScope, Intuit TrackIt!, APCWeb, HP Insight Manager, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services.
• Implemented an ASP.NET version of their existing ASP Help Center. The Help Center is a custom interface that integrates with TrackIt to create and manage work orders.
11/2002 – 4/2004
San Francisco, CA
Yahoo! eClient 2.0 Project – Yahoo!
• Developed the user interface for version 2.0 of the J2EE web messenger which utilized a new API written by Yahoo! engineers to facilitate a much more robust product to be packaged with the Yahoo! Enterprise Messenger product.
• eClient 2.0 Expanded on the eSupport 1.0 project to create a more customizable messenger capable of messaging with both single-byte and multi-byte characters. Also allows for additional features—such as selective presence—that are not offered by the consumer client.
• Implemented server-side Java code that integrated the Yahoo API, and front-end Applet code that ran within a Velocity Template framework.
Yahoo! eSupport 1.0 Project – Yahoo!, BEA
• Partnered with project supervisor and Yahoo! enterprise engineers to finish development of a browser-based implementation of Yahoo!'s instant messenger client to be integrated into the customer support website for BEA.
Selling Manager Conversion – eBay
• Worked with a team of engineers to convert the Selling Manager feature of eBay’s website from C++ code to Java.
• Business and presentation layer code consisted of Java, XML, XSLT in a 3-tier J2EE design.
10-2000 – 6/2002
Redwood Shores, CA
• Developed a J2EE web application to stream videos using Windows Media Player and Real Player for use in online learning programs.
• Extensive experience with cross-browser implementation (at the time, primarily IE and Netscape).
2/2000 – 10/2000
San Jose, CA
• Worked with a team of engineers to implement a J2EE application that processes online credit report requests.
• Implemented the business layer code to request and parse raw data for credit reports received from Experian, Equifax, and Transunion and transform it into TrueLink’s proprietary format.