JOSE MARIA ZAMBRANA
Data Engineer/Software Engineer
More than 10 years working in developing web applications, data-driven products and building scalable analytics platforms.
Favorite Python Packages:
django, flask, requests, pyquery, pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, six
Senior Big Data Engineer at Hometap Equity Partners (remote) January 2018 – Current
- Responsible for deployment of data warehouse
- Developed and implemented data pipelines to extract, process and load 2400+ M entries.
- Developed and implemented the data infrastructure with Snowflake, Apache Spark, Apache kafka, Apache Airflow and jenkins.
- Developed scalable and sustainable data processing solutions.
- Responsible for developing data pipelines and ETLs
Big Data Engineer at Pixability (remote) November 2015 – December 2017
- Developed and implemented the data warehouse
- Developed and implemented data science tools
- Developed and implemented the infrastructure to extract transform and load data from different sources: facebook api, instagram api, external databases, external crm (salesforce)
Platform Engineer at DataKin (remote) January 2014 – July 2015
- Developed a data science platform to help teams collaboratively manage the analytics lifecycle
- Designed and developed the infrastructure to source and storage data from different formats and database engines: Data files (CSV, XLS, etc.), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vertica, others
- Developed the infrastructure, the software and the integration to clean data
- Developed the infrastructure and the software to create statistical models to prove and disprove hypothesis
Platform / Software Engineer at TheQ Camera (remote) February 2013 – November 2013
- Developed the back\end platform necessary to store and manipulate large volumes of photos uploaded by connected cameras
- Designed and developed the infrastructure to store large volumes of private photos using Amazon S3 and Cloudfront
- Developed the SaaS platform to access and edit photos
- Developed the RESTful API to communicate with mobile apps
- Social Media Integrations: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Google+
- Created and evolved the data model
Full Stack Developer at ww.webando.me (remote) March 2012 – January 2013
- Application to share images
- Designed and developed the infrastructure to serve the platform
- Integrated social media feeds through API: Facebook and Twitter
- Development of the platform, backend and frontend
FullStack Developer at www.cloudcity.es (remote) March 2011 – October 2011
- A geo-located Q&A site with a large volume of entries
- Designed and developed of the infrastructure to serve the webapp.
- Created data model
- Implemented machine learning algorithms to tag and categorize questions
Amazon Web Services, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science, Django, Django REST Framework, Flask, Fullstack Development, Git, Hadoop, Jenkins, Linux, Machine Learning, MySQL, NumPy, Pandas, PostgreSQL, Spark, Visualization