Marcus Vinicius Monteiro de Souza
Hi, my name is Marcus Vinicius, I'm a software developer
My name is Marcus Vinicius, I’m a software developer at Banco do Brasil, Brazil’s largest bank. I have more than 3 years of experience in the area, and I have designed and developed systems and systems’ components used by thousands of people daily. Computer Science and Programming are real passions for me, and I study them daily, even on weekends. I can do both frontend and backend development.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
Favorite Python Packages:
requests, numpy, scipy, networkx, nltk, pandas, pip, httpie, youtube-dl, sqlalchemy, beautifulsoup, lxml, scrapy
- Designed and implemented most of the Duplo Sim project for Banco do Brasil's Crédito Protegido Estoque insurance product. The Crédito Protegido Estoque (company stock insurance) is a product with very high sales volume and a good margin, and the Duplo Sim is a system that allows clients to buy the insurance remotely and confirm the purchase at a latter time, according to the requirements of SUSEP, Brazil's Insurance industry governing body. The project led to an even higher sales volume, leveraging mobile and internet channels.
- Designed and implemented most the Nova Cobrança project: the Central Bank started requiring that every banking bill would need to be registered at their database, by a certain date, or else the banks would have to pay high fines. The Nova Cobrança (New Charging) implemented this demand.
- Designed and implemented most the Insurance Product Versioning system, that allows product managers to update product characteristics on the fly, cascading the changes throughout the system.
- Implemented large, critical parts of the backends of the Credito Protegido Estoque , Vida Empresa Flex (life insurance for company employees), and Personalizado (individualized) insurance products.
- Performed many system maintenance and problem solving tasks.
- Wrote and extended tools to automate repetitive tasks for myself and fellow developers.