This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Backend Software Engineer (Python/Django)
As we continue to grow, we are looking to add an experienced Back-End Software Engineer to our development team. This is a senior level role that will be responsible for development of BoviSync’s existing web application.
Our team is partially remote, and this position offers the ability to work from home most of the time. You will need to be in our Fond Du Lac, WI office 1-2 days a week. This position will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
- Work closely with Technical Lead, Product Manager, QA, and Management to design, code, and test new features and provide bug fixes.
- Solidify our secure REST APIs and provide integration to client applications, both within BoviSync and with partner companies.
- Willingly share knowledge and contribute to continuous improvement of engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Participate in design and code reviews. Teach/mentor others.
- Keep current with technology and developments within software profession.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelors or higher degree in software related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience using dynamic, high-level languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience working with a relational database: (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Experience building robust back-end services and REST APIs.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of application architecture and design alternatives.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be comfortable using various technologies to communicate with the team, including video conferencing.
Desirable: • 5+ years overall software development experience. • 3+ years of experience using some form of web framework: (e.g. Django, Symphony, Rails, etc.) • Experience with continuous integration and deployment of web applications. • Familiarity with DevOps, Linux, and server management. • Knowledge of full-stack software development. • Experience using and contributing to open source projects.
About the Company
BoviSync is a fast-growing employee-owned dairy herd management software company. We offer the easiest to use and most powerful software for dairy businesses to record and monitor data related to their cows.