Remote Software Developer- 35h/week- Python
Postemdia is one of the most innovative media companies in Canada with thought-provoking journalism that audiences crave and strong platform solutions that help businesses succeed.
Postmedia’s mission is to keep Canadians in the know with ambitious, trusted and high-quality journalism while delivering high-value and data-driven marketing solutions to businesses and advertisers.
Founded: July 13, 2010; 11 years ago
Headquarters: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Products: Newspapers, Media Websites, News Content
Revenue: $619.6 million CAD
Number of employees: 2,006
What you’ll do:
- Build and document new features.
- Promote best practices, best performance, and an outstanding user-experience.
- Work with stakeholders and other departments.
- Shape implementation plans, estimate work, and help build project plans.
- Mentor teammates, championing peer feedback.
- Continuous improvement through a constant learning environment.
- 3+ years of coding experience.
- Experience engaging with the entire SDLC, from concept to support.
- Strong attention to detail and user experience.
- A deep understanding of best coding practices, unit testing, version control, and automation
- Fluent English
Bonus points for:
Experience in the publishing industry.
Experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
Experience with AWS and GCP on Build tools, Buckets, Containers, Monitoring solutions.
- Remote forever
- American organizational culture
- Hourly rate
- 35h working week
- Competitive salary (up to $40USD/h)
- B2B contract
- Friendly environment
- Trustful organization