This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Python / Django Engineer
Do you love Python, Django and creating solid backend APIs? Do you want to work on a growing, ambitious and new product? Ok, sweet, keep reading…
We are looking for a Python developer with a proven track record in building modern and maintainable backends. This position is ideal for a seasoned engineer looking to take the next step and take a leadership role in the product. To learn more, please visit: http://www.policyfly.com/.
You’ll be tasked with collaborating with the frontend and product teams to bring new features to life, refactor existing components to be more extendable and customize the product for new customers.
- Overall backend architecture and engineering planning (architecture, approach, estimation and project breakdown)
- Development of new features, refactoring of existing features
- Establish new project architectures, build tools and instill modern processes
- Coordination between frontend and UX design to ensure a properly built, maintainable product
- Contribute to the product roadmap (planning) and extensibility (architecture) of the product
- Brainstorm creative solutions along with our customer’s requirements
- 3+ years of professional Python experience with either Django or Flask
- Expert in Docker and managing Docker infrastructures
- Expert in Git, Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Speak linux natively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working remotely -- independent & self-motivated
- Nice to have: Kubernetes experience and expertise in DevOps / infrastructure management
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Small team of exceptional engineers + project managers
- Opportunity to join a growing business and leave your fingerprint on it's success
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
- Remote-first team