This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
You’ve probably heard by now: Bitcoin is the future. Wouldn’t you like to be a part of it?
Meet Casa, the secure home for your bitcoin. We combine deep security expertise, human-focused design, and exceptional customer service to empower our clients and build life-long relationships. We’re the leading provider of Bitcoin self-custody solutions, the ultimate blend of security, privacy, and control.
You will be a key member of our engineering team, working with key stakeholders across the company in order to advance our ability to collect and consume essential business metrics. This role is essential for the company to help drive growth, revenue, and product decisions. As the first data-focused role on our team, you will establish and execute Casa’s business intelligence practices for the next phase of growth.
What You'll Do
- Own our BI data from ingestion through ETL to storage and batch processing.
- Own and create our data product vision by designing, coding, testing, and driving innovation for our BI systems, applications, and programs.
- Design data models that support complex analytics beyond simple CRUD operations.
- Optimize SQL queries and tune system performance.
- Translate data into simple business terms and formats for use by other team members, engineers and the business.
- Troubleshoot business intelligence modeling issues and develop solutions.
- Work with end-users to identify, create, and deliver reports and visualizations according to specifications.
- Install, patch, configure, monitor, tune, and administer BI tooling and applications.
- Design, create and tune physical database objects (tables, views, indexes) to support logical and dimensional models and maintain the integrity of the database.
- Implement best practices for data governance, database structures, principles, and standards.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant Data Engineering / Data Science role
- 2+ years of experience with Big data processing experience with Pyspark, Hive, and/or Hadoop
- 2+ years of experience with building private data pipelines on AWS
- Delivering code with automated testing (unit testing/integration tests/end-to-end tests)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Bash scripting
- Proficient with Python statistics and data wrangling libraries and tools such as, Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau, Metabase, etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Traits we look for in all candidates: exceptional organization, high attention to detail, transparent, collaborative, and above-and-beyond personal integrity.
Nice to have
- Writing infrastructure as code with Terraform.
- Experience pulling and analyzing data from HubSpot.
- Familiarity with NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB) databases.
- A deep interest in the architecture of blockchain technology (technically or financially) and public key cryptography.
- A bachelor’s degree or completion of a bootcamp in data analytics, computer science, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks as well as audit, tax, and international corporate structures.
- Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership.
At Casa, our mission is empowering individuals to secure their digital sovereignty, and we empower our employees to do their best work.
Ownership. Bitcoin is the beginning of a future you can truly own, and at Casa, everyone has a role. We offer equity opportunities so our employees can benefit from what we are building together.
Community. Inclusivity is important to us. We value each other and our contributions. Our team, known as the Casa Space Fleet, brings out the best in everyone while having plenty of fun along the way.
Rest and Relaxation. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. We encourage you to take at least 3 weeks off a year.
Health Benefits. We provide medical coverage with FSA options, dental, vision, and access to mental health providers.
Setup for Remote Success. Our team is both decentralized and effective. We reimburse up to $400 for anything you need to set up your home office.
Investment Avenues. We partner with resources so you can invest a portion of your paycheck in bitcoin, and we also have the more traditional 401(k) option.
Maternity/Paternity Leave. We provide 12 weeks for maternity / 4 weeks for paternity.
*As Casa is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location
Casa is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.