This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
InCountry is looking for experienced Python engineers to help us build our innovative global data storage and compute network.
- Creating designs for new application features
- Designing APIs and data models to support new features
- Working primarily in Python 3
- Writing unit and functional tests
- Reviewing code from other engineers
- Learning secure coding practices
- Periodic “on-call” to help monitor production systems
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Excellent English communication: writing and speaking
- Must have 4+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Django, Flask, Rails, Express
- Good understanding of web development foundations: HTTP protocol, caching, 3-tier architectures, asynchronous tasks, SSL
- Good knowledge of SQL, plus experience with one or more ORMs: SqlAlchemy, ActiveRecord, Django
- Extensive experience with Postgres or Mysql: multi-table joins, composite keys, managing indexes, optimizing queries
About the Company
InCountry is a new startup - already globally distributed - which is defining a new category of Data-residency-as-a-Service. We are headquartered in San Francisco but are open to great engineers from anywhere GMT-7 to GMT+3.
We just closed our $15m Series A, backed by investors around the globe. We are rapidly expanding our international engineering team to build a complete infrastructure stack for distributed data storage and compute.