This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Backend Engineer
Documents. They are a part of most of our daily lives. And yet we just can’t find them.
The number one problem people have with documents is finding them across all the apps they use.
The FYI team is hard at work to solve this massive problem. We’re a fully-remote customer-focused team of 15 who are improving how people collaborate with each other.
Now, we’re in the midst of building features to empower teams and companies to find the information they need quickly.
We’re hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to become a key team member that helps fuel our growth and build a product companies love to use.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will own a key part of FYI’s infrastructure. Through building integrations with cloud services such as G-Suite, Dropbox, Notion, and many more, you’ll help FYI make sure the product delivers on its value proposition: finding the information people need at work, right when they need it.
What You’ll Do:
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling.
- Analyze cloud products and API documentation to design and build integrations
- Data processing, search indexing, API layer.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who We’re Looking For
- You should know AWS, including: API Gateway, CloudFront, CodeBuild, DynamoDB,, Elasticache, Fargate, Kinesis, Lamba, RDS, S3.
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: Elasticsearch, Flask, GraphQL, Python, PostgreSQL, SQL, Redis, Serverless.
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
What’s it Like to Work at FYI?
- We love learning from customers and being data informed. You’ll be working on a product that is backed by customer research from the start.
- Moving fast is a requirement so we can iterate based on what we learn from our customers.
- We highly value and celebrate clear communication and clarity of thought, because the number one problem of remote work is communication. We’ve written about it here.
- We love sharing what we learn about how people work and collaborate online. Here’s a recent article on why people switch document apps.
You Should Include These in Your Application
- Your favorite public API and why you like it.
- Why you want to work at FYI.
- Your resume, LinkedIn profile and GitHub. We want to learn more about you.
We are hiring for full time roles only. Please no agencies or development shops.