Backend Software Engineer - Python
We know that what you say (and how you say it) matters, which is why we've built the most advanced online editor for job descriptions there is. Our customers (hiring teams at BuzzFeed, Oscar Health, Levi's, and many more) use our editor to write job descriptions that are welcoming to all qualified candidates. The result is a more fair and representative hiring process for candidates across the globe. Check it out: TapRecruit.co/smart-editor
We are looking for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to help us develop data products that help recruiting teams understand and benchmark their talent pipelines and processes. You'll work within the Data team, reporting to our Head of Data Science.
You'll be responsible for:
- Building scalable data pipelines that integrate multiple data sources (both internal as well as external APIs).
- Generating fault-resistant data extraction and transformation processes with monitoring.
- Prototyping data products and productionalizing data models
- Improving engineering standards by developing internal tools that will be used by the data and engineering teams
- Crafting code that is maintainable and includes relevant tests. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review within the data and engineering teams. This is a remote job and available to all candidates with work privileges currently residing in the United States.
- 4+ years professional software engineering experience with Python in large production environments
- Expert-level understanding of relational databases, SQL and query optimization techniques and demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent performance problems
- Experience querying and setting up NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
- Desirable: Experience deploying data pipelines through AWS
- Multiple health plan options, vision, and dental plans for you and dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote friendly
- TapRecruit is a small but mighty team with a big mission of democratizing opportunity for all qualified candidates. Our founders are located in New York but we're building a team of experienced engineers, linguists, and scientists from across the US.
We care deeply about fairness (it's our mission) so you can be ensured that your application will never be judged based on your religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability.