Full Stack Developer with strong front-end experience
We're an early stage startup with the ambition to revolutionise retail and drive the convergence of offline and online retail with an influencer-driven shopping platform. The founder has experience and contacts in the retail sector and was the CEO and founder of an ecommerce company that was sold for 700 million EUR in 2015.
We are looking for a passionate, world-class Full Stack Developer that can also take on important front-end projects to be part of our entrepreneurial development team and that helps bring high-level ideas to a scalable platform and live product that will scale and grow to millions of users worldwide.
What we're offering you:
- Autonomy and creative freedom – Help shape how the front-end tools and a high-performance content management platform work, including libraries and custom features. Also help us build our desktop version of the platform, as well as taking ownership of high impact projects needed for the back-end platform.
- Flexible Environment - You can help shape our culture and workflow as we are still a small team and open to innovative ways of working.
- Urban life or tropical Island – we will have an office in London and already have one in Singapore. We will help you relocate, but in the meantime, you can work from home.
- Develop our main website, making it responsive for desktop and mobile devices.
- Develop back-office tools so we can manage our content.
- Create unit tests to grant that everything works as expected.
- You will also be responsible for working on cool special projects related to the back-end, such as integration with other platforms/services, analytic dashboards, etc.
Skills & Requirements
- Top-notch software engineering talent
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a front-end developer with a great eye for design
- Demonstrable skills with frameworks such as ReactJS and/or AngularJS and experience designing responsive web sites.
- Demonstrable familiarity with LESS or SASS and familiar implementing based on RESTful APIs.
- Proven experience with relational databases and document-based databases.
- Proven experience with at least two of the following programming languages: Python, PHP, Bash Scripting.
- Proven experience managing at least one Linux distribution (preferably Debian, Ubuntu, or alike), understand how to install, configure and manage a LAMP stack.
- A good feeling for customers UX/UI needs.
- You are familiar with git.
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Self-directed, pragmatic, independent and has experience owning complete features/products: you are able to solve stuff on your own.
- Disciplined to build things the right way and test them in an agile environment.
- Code quality and unit tests mean something to you.
- Ability to adapt to any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future.
- Documentation - making sure that we can grow the team
- Amazing ability to get stuff done. Hard working and dedicated
- S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing. We are an international team but you need to be able to work in English on a day to day basis.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com your CV and provide answers to the following questions – if you don’t your application will not be considered
Q1) How many years of front-end dev experience do you have? (should be at least 3). Please Share the site you’re the most proud of, that you have had a major contribution to.
Q2) What relevant experience do you have with the following technologies LAMP, ReactJS, AngularJS, RESTful APIs? Share examples.
Q3) Please share examples of responsive websites you have worked on
Q4) Provide an example of a web or data-driven system/program you've built, including source code (GitHub links or tarballs are fine).
We have someone who will review your code and answers, and if it's good enough we'll contact you for a phone interview.