Senior Python Engineer - Remote in US
Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make home buying and selling simple and certain. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway, and Houzz.
We are seeking a passionate Senior Python Engineer to help us design and build our machine learning platform. This platform enables our teams to seamlessly build, deploy, and operate machine learning solutions at scale. You must be a developer with a keen sense of good system design and application architecture. We are looking for someone who has a background in both software engineering and machine learning.
- Design, architect, build and maintain our deep learning machine learning platform and tools.
- Automate end-to-end machine learning workflows: management of models, training, evaluation, deployment, and monitoring predictions.
- Collaborate with our talented data scientists to implement deep learning models.
- Committed to good engineering practice of testing, logging, alerting and deployment processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience and comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Minimum of 3 years of full lifecycle software development experience in advanced Python, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Experience with python threading and multiprocessing.
- Experience with TensorFlow, or similar machine learning frameworks.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and workflows.
- Experience working in the AWS data ecosystem (S3, RDS, EMR, Lambda, Redshift, MQs, Kinesis).
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Optimization of machine learning algorithms for computation and memory.
- Real estate markets and MLS (and tax) data.
- Scikit-Learn, R, Pandas, NumPy.
- Docker ecosystem and container orchestration systems such as ECS or Kubernetes.
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco and Atlanta with more on the way, but we are also a distributed company with employees in 13 different states so we are open to any US location for this role.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.