This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Python Developer
Preferred Timezone: (GMT-06:00) Central Time +/- 12 hours
Office Location: Austin, TX. Employees can also work full time from this office.
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Build delightful software for podcasts and spoken word audio. Backtracks is seeking a qualified Senior Python Developer with some PEP to join our Product & Engineering Team. Remote work is possible.
Backtracks helps audio content creators and brands know and grow their audience and revenue. You will be responsible for building the Python-side of our web applications, platform, and APIs to deliver delightful experiences to our users and fellow developers.
- Design an implement services and solutions in Python
- Code and deploy new features in collaboration with our product and engineering teams
- Be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for managing things directly
- Ship high-quality solutions with a sense of urgency and speed
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive initiatives
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to simple and elegantly Pythonic code.
- History of autonomous design decision making at technically focused companies
- History of designing and building web components, products, and technology
- Experience working on design and development in any of the following roles:
- Python Developer
- Python Engineer
- Full Stack Developer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Product Developer
- Product Engineer
- Software Architect
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Strong knowledge of:
- Python 3.6+
- Distributed systems design and implementation
- Messaging systems and technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Confidence or experience working with some or all of the following:
- Flask, Sanic, Apache Mod WSGI
- PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras
- Spark, Flink
- Solr, Elasticsearch, or Lucence
- AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- CI/CD deployment processes
- Motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- Systematic thinker (consider how components can scale across our platform and product offerings)
- The ability to code and build out designs independently
- A blend of product, system, and people knowledge that lets you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute from day one
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong work sense of ownership
- Strong collaboration and communication skills (fluency in English)
- PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant field and/or relevant work experience
- 5+ years professional experience
Other qualities and traits...
- Passion for podcasts, radio, and spoken word audio
- Passion for delivering high-quality software with quick turnaround times (e.g. you ship)
- A product-first approach to building software
- An enthusiasm for hard problems
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you have experience with...
- Building Python-based REST APIs
- Apache AirFlow
- Jenkins or CircleCI for CI/CD
- Audio analysis and processing