**NOTE: whilst this job is 100% remote, you MUST be eligible to work in UK and have a UK address to be considered.**
Gower Street Analytics is a well-funded growing startup doing predictive analytics and data science in the movie business. We have contracts with major movie studios that are household names. We've just closed a Series A level funding round, and we're looking to grow the data science and engineering team to 10 people.
We use a range of technologies to load, manipulate and learn from our data, including Python, R, Clojure, Bash and off-the-shelf AWS tech. We're looking for:
- 1-2 experienced Senior Data Scientists, with at least 5 years experience.
- One Principal Data Scientist looking for a leadership role, with 8-15+ years experience in relevant domains.
These are 100% remote positions based anywhere in the UK, but you're welcome to work from the London office part of the time should you choose to.
Here’s what you might expect on joining the team:
## Within your first month
- Through pairing with other members of the tech team remotely, you gained an overview of the size of the data we're dealing with and how we're loading and manipulating it.
- You learn about our various data science intiatives, including time series gross movie prediction and the recommendation of similar movies to assist film analysts.
- You've learnt how to work closely with other remote people on your team, adopting our strong remote-first culture. This is regardless of whether you're working in the London office regularly, you've visited once, or you haven't been at all.
- You had lots of questions - we had lots of answers.
- You are learning at least one piece of technology you are unfamiliar with, drawing on our strong tech culture of curiosity.
- You understood how Gower Street will significantly impact the future of the movie industry. You know our short term business goals, why they’re important and how we’re tackling them.
## Within your first three months
- You have continued pairing with others on our data models, leading independently on areas you’re most familiar with.
- You have an overview of the tech stack and how it relates to the data.
- You have been a part of one of our six week research and development cycles. You've seen how our process works from pitching ideas, negotiating scope and working in very small teams to completion.
- You'll have been coached weekly in Data Science, Software Development or Product Development (your choice)
- You have worked with our film analyst team to understand the domain better and how we can use data to estimate the movie box office worldwide.
- By now you most likely will have been at a whole company meetup in London or elsewhere in the UK, working remotely the rest of the time.
- You will likely have made a mistake that was fixed by a team member without any blame, and may have done the same for someone else. You will have improved our systems and processes to minimise the impact of human error in future.
## Within your first year
- You have taught someone else what you have learned so far.
- You shipped significant data models that bring lasting value to our customers.
- You attended two technical conferences to grow and learn, and perhaps also as a speaker and ambassador for Gower Street.
- Your work has been presented at major movies studios. They often make decisions at the $100m level, and they have been significantly influenced by your work.
# About you
- You are smart, get things done and love to bring value to customers.
- You are keen to learn and try new languages, tools and technologies.
- You are comfortable self-managing and working remotely over video chat for much of the day.
- You are eligible to work in the UK, and are able to get to London once every few months.
# Your benefits
- You will earn over market salaries for on-site roles, even though we’re fully remote. We also contribute 2% of your salary to a pension.
- You will get five weeks off a year, plus eight bank holidays, and private health insurance.
- You will know exactly how your salary is calculated through our transparent compensation ladder, and what you need to do to progress.
- As long as you’re available during our office hours, you can live and work anywhere you like in the UK.
- You will choose your own working environment - you aren’t forced to work in a noisy open plan office.
- You’ll get the chance to go to one “big” and one “small” technical conference each year. There will also be opportunities to go to film industry conferences from time to time, in places like Barcelona, Las Vegas, Miami and Hong Kong.
- If you’re in easy reach of London, you will have opportunities to attend private screenings with distributors on an ad-hoc basis.
- You will get what you need to work to start with us, including a large monitor, laptop, docking station and a decent office chair. We’ll also get you anything else you need as things move on.
- You’ll get Wednesday afternoons to work on self-directed projects, individually or in groups, with the aim of personal improvement and innovation of new products.