Senior Software Engineer
As a Sr. Backend Engineer you will be primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our backend systems. The initial primary functions of the role will be to quickly iterate on product features, integrate with third party technologies (ex: Point of Sale systems), and to build the backend services, systems, and APIs used by the Onaroll frontend team to power the customer mobile experience.
In addition, you will:
- Design and build production-ready APIs supporting Onaroll's technical products
- Integrate with third party services through a variety of APIs like REST, gRPC, GraphQL, etc
- Collect technical, product, and design requirements for current and future projects
- Work with design, product, and business functions on new projects and efforts
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 4+ years of production-facing application development with extensive Python experience (Django is a strong plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining a complex systems
- Experience working with product leads to deliver on time and on target
- Experience working with SQL or other data storage systems, like ORM, NoSQL, or others
- Experience integrating third party APIs
Helpful experiences and backgrounds:
- Django, or other Python framework such as Flask
- Cloud Platforms including Heroku, AWS, or GCP
- Testing automation (CI/CD)
About the Company
Onaroll celebrates and rewards shift workers for performance and loyalty. We have an automated, point-driven system to recognize daily actions, incentivize productivity, and ultimately increase retention.
Employees redeem earned points for relevant lifestyle rewards (ex: Spotify, Netflix) that have high perceived value and, most importantly, encourage happiness on a daily basis.