This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Software Engineer
Marathon Digital Holdings is focused on securing and supporting the development of the world’s monetary network (i.e., the Bitcoin ecosystem).
Today, we’re building one of the largest, most agile, and most sustainable Bitcoin mining operations in the world, and we’re doing it quickly. By early 2023, we may represent approximately 7% of the global Bitcoin mining network (source) once we have completed deploying c. 199,000 of our Bitcoin miners. Additionally, by the end of this year (2022), we intend to be 100% carbon neutral in our mining operations.
We’re here to help make Bitcoin more secure and more widely adopted by bringing a professional and innovative approach to securing the blockchain. #ThinkOutsideTheBlocks
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our core software engineering team.
- You will design, implement, test, deliver, and support new and existing applications and systems.
- You will be working with different programming languages and varied application stacks.
- You will work on creating and contributing to open source software
- Mentor, coach, train other engineers on the team and establish best practices.
- Work closely with our executive team to validate ideas, experiments, and products
- Experience in web application development
- Experience building and deploying clouded based application systems
- Experience building and/or using distributed systems
- Experience with Rust or Python preferred
- Knowledge of DNS, SSL, networking, etc.
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and how it works
- Experience in blockchain, cryptocurrency, or FinTech
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Active in the Bitcoin community
- Full healthcare, dental, vision provided
- We are a full remote team
- We are a small but growing team