This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Software Engineering Lead - Fullstack
We are building the future of Occupational Health and Safety and Occupational Medicine through a platform that is technology-driven and extremely user-friendly. Making safe workplaces doesn’t have to be boring and by fax and work-related stress won’t see us coming.
We value building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. We emphasize quick deployment cycles while following best practices and code reviews. Dialogue leads with technology, because we believe it’s the only way to truly transform healthcare.
We have launched in Germany, but we are on a mission to radiate our OHS platform well beyond all borders. Additional: At Dialogue, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is a recipe for success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage any who identify as a minority to apply!
We use python everywhere we can. APIs run on fastapi, using sqlalchemy & alembic. Data team uses python to build our data dashboards. ML Team uses python to create & train conversational models. We use RASA, a python framework, to support the conversational user experience. DevOps use python for most of the CI/CD pipeline.
We're looking for people who are:
- An entrepreneur-at-heart, passionate about building complex products and iterating fast;
- Thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment;
- Has experience building software products and taking ideas from conception to launch;
- Enjoys learning new technical concepts;
- Able to contribute in multiple areas and have a do-what-it-takes mentality.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing engineers who work on our technical teams and execute together on shipping products, mentoring less experienced engineers and driving architecture reviews as well as code reviews;
- Working with teams to set goals, plan roadmaps and deliver products while maintaining KPIs such as performance, scalability, data infrastructure, reliability, and security;
- Assessing employee performance frequently and consistently, recognizing and promoting excellent performance while addressing under-performance;
- Helping engineers develop technical skills and with their careers, tailoring work and projects to their personality, skills, and working style.
- Partnering with other functions such as Design and Product to collaborate on projects across the company;
- Working closely with Talent and the rest of the leadership to expand the team, including: sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and onboarding new employees;
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including technical leadership and people management;
- Please refer to this post for all technical requirements: https://medium.com/@alexissmirnov/join-dialogue-build-the-healthcare-system-we-need-right-now-c8bc0491643c
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering, including architecture and algorithms;
- Deep knowledge of various programming languages and technologies;
- Proficiency in DB modelling, API design, python;
- Experience of setting best practices, reviewing code, and mentoring less experienced team members;
- Track record of architecting systems, writing technical specs, and shipping significant software initiatives
- The ability to work in English; other European languages, especially German, a bonus
About the Company
Hundreds of medical professionals supporting millions of Canadians at 25,000+ organizations. As the market leader since 2016, we've learned how to drive real patient outcomes through telemedicine.
A good way to get a sense of what its like to be part of Dialogue is to look at our values:
- We deeply care. Everyone cares deeply about our members, about the medical quality and safety of the care we provide
- We’re client obsessed. We always focus on clients’ interests and needs, and to best solve them.
- We aim for excellence. We don’t settle. Everyone works their hardest to get to the best possible result.
- We are owners. Everyone acts in the best interest of the company.
- We are #oneteam. Yeah, the one-team is so engrained in the way we work, we even have a hashtag. To us, winning as a team is more important than individual success. It also means that we’re intensely collaborative and always bring different perspectives to the table.
- We are Shackleton. Like Sir Shackelton - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Shackleton - and his crew, we set crazy ambitious goals and we do everything humanly possible to get there, even when the odds are stacked against us.
- We also have fun. You should see the parties we throw — they are like 120% fun.
If you have experience working in a medical field, you’ll find Dialogue a much more fast-paced place on par with a high-growth startup.
If you know companies who’s business is software, you’ll find that Dialogue’s engineering culture is similar, but the company as a whole is not just about technology. Our business is healthcare.