This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Senior Developer (EVV)
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
This position is for people located anywhere in Brazil.
About the Role:
- As a senior developer, you will be working on a team responsible for building a best-in-class workforce management experience for AlayaCare's customers and enabling the team's success as we strive to expand our footprint in key markets worldwide. Working with your colleagues, the product team, and your engineering manager, you will be responsible for scoping your team’s
technical work, using your knowledge to ensure it is sequenced properly, then designing & implementing it.
- In partnership with other senior members of the engineering group, you will be responsible for setting the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will use your experience and perspective to build security and performance into all you do, and will be on
the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery.
- AlayaCare Engineering has parallel career tracks for individual contributors and managers. This position with be the foundation to evolve to a Staff developer position. You will then have to coach/mentor more junior developers. AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back-end, uses Vue.js on the front-end, and runs on AWS.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality and predictability, sitting as a full-time member of a feature development team
- Developing backend code (Python) on a micro-service architecture.
- Provide technical leadership for your team, and assist in improving your colleagues’ skills through technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of recent technologies and industry trends
- Develop unit tests, integration tests and E2E tests in Cypress for the code you are delivering.
What you bring to the team:
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience using Python
for web development
- Experience with SQL querying and experience worth an emphasis on performance optimization (ex: proper indexing)
- Stay curious and aware of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Other nice to have skills: Serverless AWS technologies such as SNS, SQS, lambda. Reddis or similar caching technologies. Docker containers.
- Pride in your work with an emphasis on quality code that stands the
test of time.
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- You can work 100% remote from anywhere in Brazil, having a great work-life balance
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for wellness and productivity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
How to Apply
We ask that you send all your application and resume in English :)