This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Test Automation Engineer
Do you have a sixth sense for how a web app is going to break? The rare ability to empathize with software users? A talent for picking out edge cases and corner cases?
If that sounds like you, we're looking for a test engineer to help ensure that customers of our ecommerce platform have a magical experience.
Unhaggle is currently the #1 web portal in Canada for buying a new car. The data we provide powers our own tools and products, including our flagship consumer car buying service at Unhaggle.com and leading automotive portals including Yahoo Autos, MSN Autos, Autofocus, AutoGuide, Globe Drive, and others. We've recently partnered with auto makers to launch a large ecommerce platform allowing the complete purchase of new cars online. This is where you come in.
You'll work directly with the development team, but also collaborate with product managers, customer service, and sales people to better understand the issues faced by our customers. Your mandate will be to ensure that the software works as designed, and you'll enjoy some autonomy in deciding how to achieve that. The roles & responsibilities:
- Write maintainable/scalable/efficient automation code.
- Deliver consistent high-quality software test scripts for functional testing
- Create comprehensive test plans and automation test suites with best practices followed
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Diligently test functionality by performing thorough regression/smoke tests before code deployments
- Contribute to continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Design, develop, and execute automated test harnesses around Backend APIs
- Strong experience in Selenium and Robot Automation test framework
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Understanding of Git/GitHub or some type of code versioning tool
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, XML
- Automation experience in Web applications, Web services & Mobile platform
- Experience in Test Automation Frameworks, White Box Testing, Web Automation
- Experience working in Agile development process (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
- Experience in Continuous integration with Jenkins , Continuous Delivery
Bonus points for
- Experience working closely with remote team members in different timezones
- Experience of database and cloud automation would be preferred.
- Leads test automation efforts using Selenium & Robot
- Experience with using virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, product build and installation
- Strong knowledge of web technologies, frameworks and testing tools
- Experience in building and maintaining automated tests for end-to-end workflows and features
- Experience in designing Test scripts using Robots
- Cucumber skills would be added advantage.
- Eager to work remotely and independently, from anywhere in the world.
- Easy going. You'll collaborate with developers all over the world, from different cultures and backgrounds, in different time zones, and you can get along with all of them.
- Comfortable with video calls, and contributing to retrospectives, post-mortems, and design discussions.
- Not looking for relocation - we're a distributed team, and plan to stay that way.
Working at Unhaggle, you'll be helping consumers get the best price on new cars, and changing the industry along the way. You'll have the opportunity to leave a large footprint and have real impact in the products you help ship every single day to our customers.
You'll also get access to the best tools we've been able to find. You'll use GitHub to manage tasks and code reviews, as well as Travis-CI, Docker, New Relic, Sentry, BrowserStack, Stripe, Twilio and Redis. You, your team, and the whole company will be in constant contact on Slack.