The Engineering Department is a customer-focused team where our customer is defined by our internal stakeholders and end-users of the Figure 1 platform. We are a team of pragmatic programmers who know how to balance our customer’s needs with our desires as engineers to solve problems elegantly. We aim to implement best of breed modern software solutions and simplify the needs of our team to maintain complex systems.
The Back-End Engineer is responsible to:
- Design, implement, and maintain our Backend API using Python, Flask, SqlAlchemy and PostgreSQL
- Work closely with the Product Stakeholders to help rapidly advance Figure 1’s technical offerings.
- Maintain existing infrastructure and recommend improvements to security and stability where appropriate.
- Maintain our security and monitoring infrastructure to ensure we know our system is highly available and stable.
- Provide accurate and well thought out estimates to Business Stakeholders to aid in prioritization of features in our backlog.
- Attend daily stand ups and collaborate closely with others to help coordinate the initiatives of those around you.
- Provide helpful feedback to others through code reviews and likewise be willing to improve your code by letting others review your work.
- Develop and maintain automated tests in parallel with contributions to the codebase.
- Other projects as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Researching other programming languages.
- Leading Research initiatives to quickly solve business problems via Proof of Concept or small Minimum Viable Product Samples.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years proven experience developing complex web applications
- You write efficient, reliable and robust code for back-end APIs
- You are comfortable working with product teams and other stakeholders to ideate software solutions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced team and have the ability to adapt to changing needs
- You have a growth and continuous development mindset that applies to your personal development, your skills, the quality of your work, and the teams you work in
- You have the ability to learn and apply new information and skills to advance project goals
- You have strong problem-solving and analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills
Must Have Skills:
- Python 3.x experience
- PostgreSQL or similar relational DB
Nice To Have Skills:
- Google Firestore
Working at Figure 1 comes with:
- Competitive salary.
- Extended healthcare benefits.
- Stock options.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- One-on-ones, focused on mentorship.
- Supportive parental leave policy.
- The chance to help save lives and make the world a better place. Also, free snacks.
Period of Employment:
This is a full-time permanent role with a 3-month probationary period.
Job location: Remote
About the Company
Figure 1 Overview
Figure 1’s mission is to democratize medical knowledge and improve the future of healthcare. Our platform is valued by millions of healthcare professionals worldwide, and is trusted on a daily basis by our community as a quick, easy, and secure way to share and consume medical knowledge.
Extraordinary real-life stories unfold every day on Figure 1. We see physicians in field hospitals treating Syrian refugees, physician assistants treating patients on remote Alaskan fishing boats, and surgeons demonstrating cutting-edge techniques to an audience of their peers. Thanks to our global community, we’ve been able to connect healthcare professionals from around the world with the help they need in the moment they need it.
At Figure 1, we work hard to understand our users and the value our product offers them. We constantly seek their feedback in order to continue to create and provide the world’s most valuable and innovative platform for medical knowledge-sharing, discovery, and collaboration.
“It is impossible to know everything in medicine. But with Figure 1’s knowledge-sharing platform, it’s easy for healthcare professionals to come close.”