This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Full Stack React Engineer (Remote)
Waymark is a team of healthcare providers, technologists, and builders whose mission is to bring the best healthcare to people with Medicaid benefits. Guided by the communities we serve, we bring support and technology-enabled care to help primary care providers keep Medicaid patients healthy. We are building the tools and designing an approach to enable care to reach the patients who can benefit most.
Our core values embody the essence of what makes Waymark a unique team today, and what we look for, nurture, and sustain as a team. We are bold builders, believing that the greatest challenges in care delivery can be solved when we harness the power of community and technology. We are humble learners, seeking feedback and perspectives different from our own, and welcome challenges to our conclusions. We experiment to improve, actively seeking data to inform decisions and to assess our own performance. We act with focused urgency, our commitment to our mission drives us to tirelessly pursue results.
If this vision resonates with you, we hope you consider bringing your creativity, your energy, your curiosity to Waymark.
As a full stack engineer at Waymark, you will serve as a builder and connector in the ideation and deployment of tools used by community health workers, social workers, pharmacists, and medical assistants to enable comprehensive care for low-income patients. This is a position for a person with the passion for social justice and improvement of health outcomes, and who wants to apply their skills in linking frontend to backend processes, building around human-centered system designs, and working with a diverse group of providers, designers, data scientists, and fellow engineers to solve major healthcare problems.
- Set a positive tone for engineering in the organization.
- Work with a diverse crew: from social workers and pharmacists to economists and designers.
- Participate in the architecture, requirements development, maintenance and development of our software and data products.
- Assist in selection, customization, deployment, and revision of software applications including coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Build new and maintain current features by contributing across the whole technical stack.
- Communicate issues with both empathy and transparency to help resolve them.
- Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Collaborate across teams and external stakeholders to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Provide technical mentorship to project team members, for example participating in code review.
- Proven 6+ years of industry experience in full-stack development (both front and back-end)
- Experience with REST API integrations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with DevOps practices and technologies (e.g., microservices architecture supported by Kubernetes).
- Experience working with Agile methods and iterative development.
- Past experience mentoring junior engineers.
Frameworks and Languages
- Server Side Framework for React (Next.js)
- Django or Flask Framework
- PostgreSQL or MySQL