This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Python Infrastructure, Developer Productivity
The Developer Productivity group is responsible for making Stripe’s developers happy and productive. We work on tools, processes, and code refactoring to accelerate Stripe engineering as Stripe scales.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in and interest in building language processing tools and language specific developer tools. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical expertise in language processing, a passion for solving developer experience problems, and a pragmatic ability to ship results iteratively.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Solve problems for fellow Stripe engineers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short term workarounds and long term solutions.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness.
- Deliver practical, useful, and reliable tools, processes, and code refactorings to Stripe engineers.
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance and accommodate competing desires.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy and have experience building language processing tools, especially those that consist of or leverage static type systems.
- Are comfortable writing code in multiple languages while having a passion for making life great for Python developers
- Are passionate about developer experience.
- Are results driven and pragmatic.
- Thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
You might work on:
- Python dependency management simplification and the ability to use dependencies across platforms.
- Applying code formatting and type checking automatically to Python.
- Improve IDE functionality for Python development.