This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
You will be working within, and heavily supported by, an innovative Product Team that has developed a rigorous method for discovering, designing, and managing the development of business software with a high degree of precision. Our clients value continuous commitment to quality, transparency, and continuously improving the way in which we develop products and communicate, collaborate, and support one another.
You will be expected to learn their methods and create well-defined documents along the path of developing and delivering your code:
- Technical Approaches
- Technical Designs
- Development Plans
You will be managed by a Product Manager or Product Strategist. You will work within a weekly planning cycle (e.g. Sprint). You will communicate status daily over slack, attend weekly engineering planning video meetings and weekly company-wide video events. You will be given space to work independently throughout the week. You will initially have bi-weekly, and eventually, tri-weekly 1:1 video meetings with your Product Manager.
- Promote consistent architecture patterns for design and development within and across engineering teams
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high-quality software delivery, sprint after sprint. Leverage automation testing methods to increase test coverage
- Collaborates with other Engineers, Creative/UX designers, Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Architects
- Build and organize development workflows to optimize code delivery and efficiency
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT standard methodologies, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business
- Participate in regular content and functionality pushes to the mobile application
- Implement performant APIs according to well-defined technical specifications
- Leverage existing API design patterns to maintain organizational consistency
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Ensure that all APIs are fully tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- 3+ years of professional Python Flask and/or Django Backend development experience
- 3+ years of professional experience deploying on Heroku, Amazon, or equivalent infrastructure
- High-attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good listening skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-awareness and a lack of ego that is evident in your ability to proactively raise issues, concerns, or challenges at the smallest levels (e.g. understanding their method) and highest-level (solving a technical problem)
- A sense of craftsmanship and pride in the quality of work you produce
- Willingness to go above and beyond to learn new things — we will support you
- Great knowledge of your tools and development environment
- Strong understanding of GitHub and git semantics
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Understanding of basic design patterns and principles of clean code
- Familiarity with composing documents in the Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets)
- Ability to learn new things quickly and adapt to new environments
Trio is quickly becoming the software engineering department of startups and small businesses in the United States. We’re focused on hiring talented engineers and 10x-ing their professional and technical skills to help companies scale their engineering teams.