This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Sr. Back End Developer
We are seeking an experienced back-end developer to join our team. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive programmers and designers, all focused on building and maintaining a complex software product used by one of the largest technology companies in the world. We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code, with a strict eye towards separation of concerns, scalability, and maintainability.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with leads, developers, and designers to create and maintain back-end architectures for highly-trafficked applications
- Build new features
- Design data structures and the services that use them
- Debug development and production issues across multiple services
- Work towards improving code quality, internal tools/processes, and documentation
YOU MAY FIT THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs
- Write high quality, server-side code
- Are deeply knowledgeable and experienced in Python (extensive experience in similar languages will be considered)
- Often find yourself staring at a blank wall and attempting to visualize how an extremely complex system operates under high load
- Thoughtfully design forward-thinking, scalable, and performant data architectures
- Have used both SQL and NoSQL databases, and understand the benefits and shortcomings of each
- Take production systems seriously, and expect others to do the same
- Know how to independently debug a complicated problem, and do so regularly
- Regularly learn new things, and enjoy both teaching others and being taught
- Understand the importance of testing, and how to write good tests
- Value tight teamwork to achieve results that surpass a single individual’s contributions
- Understand that every product/project requires an array of fields and talents, and respectful communication is a critical component in success
WHO ARE WE?
We are a technology company that connects people, products, and experiences in powerful ways. Our growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based across the US and globally. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, this is the place for you.