This job was posted over 90 days ago and may no longer be available.
Software Developer - Backend (Python)
Stilt (YC W16) is building an online bank for those typically underserved by the existing credit bureau reporting process, customers who are new to the United States banking system, and those with “thin” or no files.
We are a Y-Combinator backed company based in San Francisco, founded by an immigrant team with expertise in finance, technology, and machine learning. We are working hard to make financial services simple for underserved applicants by building an institution that uses cross-country data, better credit risk scoring, and operational efficiency. Stilt has already served immigrants from 100+ countries by providing financial services worth hundreds of millions of dollars!
As a Software Developer - Full-Stack at Stilt, you will:
- Develop and enhance our banking infrastructure
- Work with product and design teams to ship new and innovative features
- Improve our financial offerings and features based on customer feedback
- Work with frontend and mobile engineers to implement fully integrated products
- Drive efforts to improve engineering processes, testing, tooling, and coding standards
You will be a great fit for the role if you:
- Have a good understanding of products, are not focused only on solving engineering problems, but also on improving business metrics and user engagement
- Have the drive to implement and ship features end-to-end, starting from the design to the implmentation
- Do not hesitate in holding yourself accountable for shipping high quality code and maintaining/improving it over time
- Be passionate about building good and user-friendly products (interest in financial products is a plus)
- Be eager to join a fast paced team
- Hold an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Have 3+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Be comfortable and familiar with backend development on at least one Python framework (Flask preferred)