Data Engineer - Product
The data engineering team is a small, nimble group of data engineers that drive the company toward clean and informative data. As a member of the data engineering team, you’ll help power data science, ETLs, self-service data, and tools to make us efficient and facilitate scalable decision-making. As a team, we are driven by the thrill of building tools to help our colleagues use data with less friction, which ultimately increases the velocity at which the business can progress!
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Senior IC position on the data engineering team, within our Algorithms organization, focusing on our client and marketing data infrastructure, optimization and scalability
- You will build and own large additions to our data engineering framework, charged with finding ways to create and improve scalable and reliable tables and central data pipelines
- Work in a collaborative, production-facing codebase that has close coupling with engineering systems
- You will build and own scalable, efficient, and well-tested data engineering solutions using Spark, Amazon S3, and a mature collection of in-house technologies.
- You will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the team, including maintaining and improving our current tools & scripts and supporting full-stack data scientists
- You will have autonomy to help shape the future of data engineering at Stitch Fix by bringing your ideas on improving and automating what we do and how we do it
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
- Work with teams of world-class data scientists and engineers on how to solve data and business problems in a scalable way
- Be part of a team which has high visibility across the organization
- Contribute ideas and direct the team’s investment to impactful directions
- Contribute to a culture of technical collaboration and scalable development
WE GET EXCITED ABOUT CANDIDATES WHO HAVE…
- 5+ years of fully independent project experience with significant contributions.
- Experience in building out scalable data engineering capabilities
- Exceptional coding and design skills in Python and SQL
- Experience in Spark optimization and an understanding of data storage with Amazon S3
- Experience in working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- Ability to think globally, devising and building solutions to meet many needs rather than completing individual projects or tasks
- Strong prioritization skills with business impact in mind
- Strong cross functional communication skills that help simplify and move complex problems forward
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.