Senior Python Engineer, full-remote possible, Europe/US (x/f/m)
The job will be about ...
- developing successful logistics software for spot market procurement by coming up with correct, maintainable and scalable design and code
- the opportunity to design, develop & regularly ship new features to a large user base and collaborate on infrastructure design and deployment
- reviewing the code changes by your colleagues to ensure quality and good coding practices
- improving performance and scalability of the backend system by redesigning and rewriting parts of it
- teaching and mentoring team members best-practices and sharing knowledge with them
- ensuring high availability by handling on call alerts in your regular working hours
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You are ready for this job, if you ...
- would like to share our responsibility for back-end development, maintenance and management of our code base
- have at least 5 years of professional job experience in software development, including Python development and the Linux ecosystem as well as with Amazon Web Services or other cloud providers
- have knowledge about relational databases and SQL
- are quick to adapt and keen to learn
- are not afraid to dig into system internals during the troubleshooting process
Our tech stack:
- Python 3, pytest, Celery
- AWS (Cloudwatch, RDS, …), Terraform
Possible working locations are: US, Germany, Poland, USA, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, UK, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Finland, Slovakia, Portugal
About the Company
In fewer than 20 years, Transporeon has grown from a small startup to become a leading transportation management platform with more than 1,200 employees and operations worldwide.